- 28 Ounce Can of Tomato Sauce
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes, Undrained
- 2 Cans Kidney Beans, Drained
- 1 Can Red Beans, Drained
- 1 Pound Ground Beef or Turkey
- Homemade Chili Seasoning:
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chipotle Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Parsley
- In a large stockpot, brown ground meat. You don't need to drain it, this just adds to the flavor of the chili.
- Add tomato sauce and tomatoes and homemade chili seasoning. Mix well.
- Add beans, mix well.
- Heat to boiling. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or more.
- Garnish with oyster crackers, shredded cheese, or sour cream. Or if you're like my husband eat it with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!