Thursday, November 19, 2015

The one about Chicken and Dumplings and a Crazy Monkey

Tristan's current favorite thing to do is type on my computer. It's very conducive to blogging and general internet usage. No matter how many times I say no, he tries every time I get my computer out. It's sort of frustrating. Especially since his favorite button is the power button.

He's also kind of a monkey. He's figured out that he can scoot chairs around to get into cabinets and things that are high up. Much to my chagrin. Just as I was typing this he got into the school supply cabinet and pulled out a ton of markers. All the markers in this house are put up high because of this:



He's a regular Picasso. That marker, yeah, it's permanent.

At least it's getting cold outside. I love winter because winter means I get to make my favorite comfort foods. Casseroles and soups galore! There is nothing better than coming home on a cold night to a hot comfort meal. Mmm. This recipe is a super easy one that I like to make. You just throw it all in the slow cooker and you're done. I love my slow cooker.  Chicken and Dumplings is great because the whole family likes it (who wouldn't?). I'm a terrible food blogger and always forget to take the pictures of the food before we start devouring it, but oh well. Here's the recipe:


Ingredients:

-4 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 8 frozen chicken breast tenderloins
-2 cans of cream of chicken soup or homemade cream of chicken substitute, for recipe see my recipe for Chicken Pot Pie Soup.
-1 can (14.5 ounces) of chicken broth
-2 tablespoons butter
-1 medium onion, diced finely
-1 can biscuits (regular sized, any flavor will do, I like buttermilk the best)

Directions:

  1. Layer frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker.
  2. Put butter on top of chicken.
  3. Spoon cream of chicken soup over chicken. 
  4. Put in chopped onions. 
  5. Pour chicken broth over top.
  6. Cook on Low 8-10 hours.
  7. During the last hour of cooking, remove chicken breasts and shred with 2 forks. Return to crockpot. Cut each raw biscuit into 4 pieces. Place in crockpot. Continue cooking for an hour on low. 
The biscuits need a good hour to cook through but still be soft for dumplings.  


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment