Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The one where cops are nicer to me than Zak.

Zak and I run a side business doing process service for a few lawyers. It really helps us get through any hard times we come up on money wise. Basically being a process server means that you serve subpoenas and summons on a variety of different people in a variety of different types of cases. We do two main types of subpoenas, evictions or rent and possession suits and civil subpoenas in Department of Revenue DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) cases.

Generally Zak handles all the eviction suits and I handle all the DWI cases. This is because of one reason and one reason only, cops are nicer to me than Zak. The DWI cases that we handle are always generally serving subpoenas on police officers.  I don't know what it is about cops other than the fact that I'm a woman, but I can't really figure out any other reason why cops hate Zak, but they do. They constantly berate him and hate on him and generally treat him bad saying things like, "DON'T EVER COME ON MY PROPERTY AGAIN!" and other crazy fun stuff. Or they say they can't accept subpoenas (but you have to y'all). But cops to me are awesome and super nice and do things like joke around with me. Even if I go to their house.

This is such a weird phenomenon that Zak and I haven't quite figured out, but it works out okay because I have plenty of time to get them done and cops generally have crazier schedules than regular people. I have been able to successfully serve more cops faster and easier.

Zak is a nice guy. I don't get why cops hate him. It's so weird. I like to think that they like me because I'm cooler than him. What can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment