Thursday, February 5, 2015

The one about Quaker Steel Cut Quick 3-Minute Oats!

I was super stoked to go out to my mailbox this week and see my Bzzkit from BzzAgent! BzzAgent is a really cool service that matches up products with bloggers and other people with social influence. So far I've gotten Charmin Ultra Soft TP and Quaker Steel Cut Quick 3-Minute Oats from them. This post is about the new Quaker Steel Cut Oats I got!

I was feeling rather blase this morning and knew I needed to eat something, but it is grocery shopping time so all of my choices felt rather dull. But then I remembered that I just got the Quaker Steel Cut Quick 3-Minute Oats in the mail! If you've never had steel cut oats, they are totally different than regular oats. They usually take a lot longer to cook and the texture and feel is different. Steel cut oats have an almost nutty texture. Obviously, Quaker has figured out a way to make them cook even faster and now you can enjoy them in just 3 minutes.

I was given the Brown Sugar & Cinnamon flavor to try. I dumped the oats in a bowl, added some water, stirred and popped it in the microwave. 3 minutes later I got to enjoy a nice, hot breakfast.

Something I really liked about the Steel Cut Oats was the number of ingredients on the box. It barely had any. Less is more to me. I try and keep an all-natural diet wherever possible. This is definitely a food you can feel good about eating.

The texture is definitely different than regular oatmeal, but it's a really pleasant nutty texture. The flavor was really strong and it didn't taste watered down which was important to me. It was just all around a good, easy, healthy breakfast. It's one that you should definitely give a try to. They also have Blueberries & Cranberries flavor. I think I'll probably stick with Brown Sugar & Cinnamon flavor myself.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!



NOTE: I received this product for free, but the opinions are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment