|Selfie with my beautiful daughter.|
1. I was raised by my dad. My mom was troubled and they divorced when I was young. I am a tomboy because of this. My husband was raised by his mom. His parents divorced when he was young. I think we are a perfect mix because of this. The raised by her dad woman and the raised by his mom man. How perfect is it that we found each other?
2. I'm currently binge watching The Blacklist on Netflix. I don't get to watch it too much with the kids, but if I get a free minute, that's probably what I'm doing. It's such a good show! You have to watch it if you don't yet. HAVE TO!
3. We didn't name Tristan for almost 5 days. We had no name picked out before we went to the hospital. We had one name possibly picked out before we went to the hospital and then he was born and it did not fit him at all. Honestly I didn't expect him to have red hair and when he did, the name just didn't fit. We could not decide on a name. It took us forever and a lot of hemming and hawing until the fourth morning when Legends of the Fall came on the hospital TV. Brad Pitt's character is named Tristan and that's where his name came from. I don't know if we were intoxicated by Brad's good looks or what, but we both loved the name Tristan. His middle name, Alexander, is after me.
4. Harper's name came from an odd baby name blog post. I came across it. Before we chose Harper, her name was going to be Hayley. Her middle name, May, is the maiden name of Zak's mom. I am so happy we ended up with Harper. It fits her to a T.
5. I love being a stay at home mom, but it can be lonely. You can find yourself going a whole day without human interaction. Everyone glorifies being a stay at home mom, and I wouldn't change it for the world, but it can be lonely also. I think that everyone glorifies one side or the other, but that both sides have vast pros and cons and decisions that have to be made that can only be made by your family. I know moms that bash one side or the other, but the truth is, it's so vastly different from family to family that I wish that all moms could be a little less judgey and a little more caring and understanding towards each other. I am so thankful that my husband works so hard so that I can stay home, but it doesn't change the fact that I do miss grown up time. When I worked at an office, I would never go a day without hanging out with grown ups and doing grown up stuff. Now my days are filled with watching Winx Club and playing with toddler and baby toys. It's not bad, just different and I'd be lying to say I don't on occasion miss my other life. It feels pretty far removed now. So different.
So there you have it, my first Selfie Sunday. I hope you liked to learn about me and I'm going to keep up with this so you can keep learning about me!