Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The one where 11:00 feels like 3 a.m.

I have noticed lately that I am not a late person. Tristan has been up all night the past few nights and it is really wreaking havoc on my system. The poor little guy is either just really reacting to eating cake or he has ANOTHER tummy bug. I'm not quite sure yet. Either way he's in a lot of pain and everyone around the house is simply exhausted.

I can't believe that as I get older staying up until 11 just feels unbearable. My kids always get up at 5, so that's part of it. But if I don't get a good night's sleep I am just wrecked the next day.

I had my girlfriends from high school over on Saturday night and we had an awesome time, but the next day I really felt it. I'm like crap, I'm not even 30 yet and I can't stay up past midnight to save my life. We used to be able to stay up all night with no problem at all, now everyone left at 11 and I'm feeling like I had an all night bender.

I think this is probably a normal phenomenon, but I don't like the thought of getting older. Me and all my friends were all freaking out about our age. One of my friends has a 12-year old. How is this even possible? All of us are getting to be middle-aged. Ugh.

Bottom line is I loved having my friends over, but we are getting older and it's hard to come to grips with sometimes. Aging is not anyone's friend, especially a woman's. Coming to reality with the fact that you will age is something that is hard for anyone. I'm turning 30 this year and in ways I'm dreading it, but also looking forward to it. My 20's were full of good, my 30's will probably be even better as I have been becoming so comfortable in my own skin for the first time in my life.

On other notes, please give me all your good thoughts for Tristan and also because tomorrow Harper has another ENT appointment and we will be scheduling her surgery. I'm very nervous about it. I am anxious to have the surgery done, I think her quality of life is going to vastly improve, but it's definitely a stressful thought in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment