Monday, January 26, 2015

The one about my man crush Monday.

Few times in your life do you meet someone with whom you have an instant connection. Maybe it's a close friend or if you're lucky it's the love of your life. When I met Zak I instantly felt a connection that was so strong it was a little scary to both of us. Scared is good. I've never met anyone who has said it's not a little scary to meet the person you're going to marry. What if they don't feel the same? All those subtle and not so subtle insecurities that can creep up in your mind. Within a week of being with Zak, I told my best girlfriend that I was going to marry Zak. She told me I was crazy, but I wasn't.

He's my eternal man crush Monday. He is such an amazing partner and friend in life. He's endlessly funny, even though he also has major foot in mouth syndrome and says a lot of bad jokes. He's smart and he's the best father I've ever known. He cares so much about his kids that it's something to see them together. They love him so much and he is just as crazy about them.

When Zak and I met, it was through my best girlfriend and I still remember it like it was yesterday. I'd just gone through a breakup and my girlfriend told Zak about me and he wanted to meet me. I remember rushing out to their mutual friend's house hoping to see him. She had told me he had to leave soon and that I might miss him. He ended up staying and we talked for hours and had a really good time.

I had to get home and so we went outside and he stole a kiss from me, he asked me to give him a kiss on the cheek and turned his head and we shared our first kiss that first night. (Pretty smooth honey.) I gave him a rock I found in the driveway (Weird, huh? Lol I was young.) He gave me one and at that time I had these shoes called Kangaroos with little zippered pockets on the side (those were cool, now I have to internet search them), and I kept that rock for a really long time.

We spent the next few weeks talking on the phone until all hours of the night. Within a few months we moved in together. Several years later we were married. I guess I proved my friend wrong, I'm not crazy, just in love.

Love you husband!



No comments:

Post a Comment