Monday, January 19, 2015

The one about cheddar mashed potatoes.

I'm a simple kind of woman. I like for meals to be easy, but also delicious. On the drive home tonight, Zak and I were talking dinner. I knew I was going to make some smoked sausage (one of the only meals my picky 3 year old would be caught dead eating right now) a Caesar salad, and some potatoes, but I didn't know what kind of potato to make. I'm a potato connoisseur of sorts. I am Irish in every sense of the word and if you give me potatoes, I'm going to make the shit out of them.

Zak said he wanted some mashed potatoes, but he wanted them loaded up. A-ha! Something I can get on board with. I whipped up this little devilish gem I keep in my cooking artillery.

CHEDDAR MASHED POTATOES

Ingredients:
-6 Russet Potatoes, Peeled and Cubed
-1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
-1/2 cup butter
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (I only use fresh grated cheese. It melts better and it doesn't have wood pulp, which I like)
-Garlic Powder to taste
-Salt to taste
-Pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Boil potatoes for 30 minutes or until they pierce easily with a fork.
2. Drain potatoes.
3. Add milk, butter, and sour cream to the pot and mash thoroughly. The potatoes should be smooth. If they aren't add a bit more milk.
4. Add Cheddar cheese and mix thoroughly until they look orange and delicious.
5. Add seasonings and stir thoroughly.
6. Enjoy!

This makes a fair amount of potatoes, probably about 5 servings. They are oh so delicious! Expect them not to last long.


No comments:

Post a Comment