Saturday, January 10, 2015

The one about 5-layer dip.

Today was supposed to go a lot different than it did. Today was supposed to be Tristan's first birthday party. But instead we woke up at 10:30 last night to a baby with the stomach flu! My night was not fun. Side note: It's also sad that I was already asleep at 10:30 on a Friday night.

Anyway, one of the plans for today's party was a 5-layer dip. We were sans party, but I went ahead and made my 5-layer dip anyway. Zak and I gorged ourselves on it's deliciousness for lunch. Here's the recipe:


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 can refried beans
  • Salsa
  • Sour Cream
  • Shredded Cheese (I used fresh shredded Monterey Jack and Sharp Cheddar)
  • 1 packet of Wholly Guacamole guacamole

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a 1.5 quart casserole or dip stoneware (I have the super fancy Rachael Ray Bubble and Brown Stoneware Cookware set which makes a beautiful looking dip. Thanks Dad! See link below) you will layer the refried beans at the bottom.
  3. Next layer your freshly shredded cheese
  4. Bake the beans and cheese for 10 minutes in the oven.
  5. Then you will layer your salsa. I like the organic mild one from Aldi.
  6. Next comes guac.
  7. Finally sour cream. YUM. Whose hungry?
  8. ENJOY!





Zak's mom dropped off a stomach flu care package for us because she's a saint. She also dropped off a fun project for me and Harper to do and a Frozen Trouble game. Harper made a really pretty butterfly. The day hasn't been all bad and that's good. Can't wait to have his first birthday party in 2 weeks!



Here's the link to the Rachael Ray cookware:

No comments:

Post a Comment