Monday, December 1, 2014

The one with a product review: Keurig K45 Elite Single Cup Brewing System

 I have been wanting a Keurig coffee maker for awhile now. So when my Grandma asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I actually knew exactly what I wanted! I did a lot of research and finally settled on the Keurig K45 Brewer. It seemed simple to use, had a water reservoir so I wouldn't have to fill it up every 10 seconds, and it came with 12 K-Cups to try out.

I am the researcher type, so before I decided on a Keurig I researched a lot of things to make sure that it was going to be the best bang for the buck. Basically, a Keurig cup of coffee costs you about 50 cents. Zak was spending $1.25 everyday on coffee at the gas station, so immediately I knew we would see a savings.

Keurig K-45

I chose a white version because all of my appliances are white and I wanted to keep my kitchen looking neat. It looks nice in my house. The lights are blue which I also like. When you get your machine, it's pretty much ready to use with the exception of soaking the filter for 5 minutes and filling the water reservoir. With the advice of a friend, we only use filtered water in our Keurig to extend the life of our filter. Look at how pretty it looks on my counter! The Keurig is pretty much the most simple machine to use. You insert a K-Cup and then press a picture button for small, medium, or large cup of coffee. I always use the medium button because I find it keeps the flavor the best. Not too strong and not too weak. If water is running low it has a light for that. It's great!!! 

My favorite flavors are the cappucino ones. They are already pre-sweetened and so they don't require creamer which is another saving tool. Overall, the Keurig K45 is a great machine. Easy to use and it will give us quite the savings over the year. Thanks Grandma!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment