Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The one that looks back on 2014 and looks forward to 2015.

2014 has been an incredibly blessed year for me. It's also been a year full of struggles.

First off to begin 2014, there was the birth of my incredible son.


But having a brand new baby and owning your own business is by no means easy. My marriage struggled with the 60 plus hours a week I was working and my sanity really got strained. I started off the New Year of 2014 wondering how I could possibly juggle it all. I was pumping, feeding, working, and never sleeping. It put such a huge strain on my marriage because I physically couldn't stay up after about 8 o'clock. My husband and I never got to see each other. The first 6 months of Tristan's life until finally closing up the daycare really just flew by. 

Then there is the daycare itself. It was such an emotional roller coaster to come to a path where we had to decide to expand or to close. Our problem was not that our business was unsuccessful. Our problem was that our business was too successful. We quite quickly outgrew our space. We had capped out at an income that was jokable. We knew if we ever wanted to make more money we'd have to start over at a new space and it just became impossible to think about working even further on a second location or a new bigger location. We were all missing our family lives and returning to them became most important. 

The last half of 2014 my family and I have spent re-adjusting to life as a one income family. Things have not been easy. Not one bit. I am so thankful that I have an incredibly supportive husband who is willing to try anything to make me happy. We have struggled so much this year, but in a good way. We are really growing into a stronger couple, I truly believe that. And sometimes we have knock out, drag down fights because we are both passionate, stubborn people. We are not perfect, our marriage is nowhere near perfect, our life isn't perfect, but it is perfect. We are making it. We know we can do just about anything and that's very empowering. 

This year was the year that my mental health struggles really came to a head. I was diagnosed bipolar and I found some peace in that. Coming to terms with my mental health issues and using them to empower me rather than tear me down is something that I'm still learning. 

Some things I'm looking forward to in 2015 are continuing to grow this blog, to offer more opportunities and contests to my readers, to keep doing what I love, and probably even more things I haven't even thought of yet. I hope you all have an incredibly Happy New Year. I'm spending mine with my loves. It won't be perfect, but it will be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment