Monday, December 29, 2014

The one about Seventh Generation Touch of Cloth Diapers

Recently I was sent a sample of Seventh Generation's new Touch of Cloth diapers. The sample included 2 diapers and lucky (or maybe unlucky) I ended up with 1 dirty and 1 wet diaper which made for a pretty good sampling of what to expect from these new diapers. First of all, I was a bit surprised (in a good way) to pull them out of the package and see the 2 completely white diapers. I hate the fact that good diapers are covered in characters that you have to pay extra money for. Secondly, I noticed they feel a bit more starchy than a normal diaper. Not less soft, per se, but just a drier feel. I wanted to break it down into pros and cons that are just easy to understand:

PROS
-The diaper is free of inks, lotions, and chemicals.
-The diaper is all white so you aren't paying for character licensing fees.
-The diaper held up well to my heavy wetter. (Seriously my kid eats like a horse, so his wet diapers are always super soaked) No leaks.
-The diaper held up well to a dirty diaper. (TMI: A soft one) No leaks.

CONS:
-The dry texture of the diaper could be off putting to some people, but it didn't bother me.
-The price. The price is higher for less quantity of diaper, but you are paying a slight premium to not have your baby touched by chemicals all day. This diaper, in my opinion, would be the second best option to cloth if you could afford it. A 66-pack runs $27.99. The equivalent in Pampers runs $23.49. If I had the extra money to spend, I wouldn't mind spending it on a chemical free diaper.

OVERALL:
Seventh Generation Touch of Cloth Diapers are a great alternative when you're out on the road and cloth diapers are a hassle. I still love my cloth diapers, but I do disposables when I'm out for convenience. The price is a bit steeper, but it's really worth it.

DISCLAIMER: I was sent this sample pack of diapers for free, but the opinions in this post are my own. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment