As I've told you before, casserole season is in full swing at my ol' homestead. Today I'm going to tell you how to make a super simple and fabulous weeknight dinner with just 15 minutes of prep time. It combines two of my favorite things, potatoes (I'm Irish, y'all) and chili.
IMPOSSIBLY EASY CHILI BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE
- 6 Yukon Gold or other soft skinned potato, cubed
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Seasoning Salt (I use Lawry's)
- 8 ounces of Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 15 ounce can of chili (I use an all natural turkey chili, but any variety will do and probably taste delicious)
- 4 ounces melted butter
- Sour Cream to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cube potatoes. Leave peel on. Place in 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Combine melted butter and seasonings. Pour on potatoes and toss to combine. Butter will re-harden and that's okay. Just try and get it to coat as evenly as you can.
- Bake your potatoes for 40 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from oven, pour can of chili evenly on top.
- Cover with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the chili is hot and the cheese is bubbly.
- Put sour cream on top.
- PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH. So good.
|So cheesy and delicious!|