Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The one about legitimate money making for the stay at home mom



So, as I have said, I stay at home with my kiddos. This puts our budget down to nothing. We have very little to no discretionary money. I've found small ways to earn money through legitimate sites. I figured I'd post some in case you are looking to make some extra cash, especially good with the holidays coming up. Most sites pay through Paypal or Amazon money. Amazon sells everything, even groceries, so it's as good as cash. Some sites and apps require more work than others, but all have been worth my time. So in order of money making ability, here's my master list:

1. Transcription- http://www.transcribeme.com Transcription is a great and easy way to make the most amount of cash. The caveat is you have to be a grammar freak and you also have to be able to type fast to make money. So if neither of those are your forte, you should try one of my other tips. Transcribing is currently my favorite way to make money. I'm good at it, it's fast, simple, and I can do it while my kids are napping and wearing a combination of both dirty t-shirt and sweatpants or pajama bottoms. Me likey. You are paid in Paypal every Friday as long as you've done over $10 worth of work. I earn close to minimum wage doing this. It can vary from $5-8 an hour depending on the quality of the files you are working with, your typing speed, etc. It is also a bit exclusive in that you have to take an exam to qualify to do it.

2. Mturk- http://www.mturk.com Mturk is like Fight Club. Nobody ever really talks about it, but it's an easy way to make money quick if you are sitting around on the couch. Basically people hire Amazon to find people to take their surveys or do their work from the general population. You basically always filter out your hits and do the ones that pay the most amount of money for the least amount of your time. Don't take any hits that pay you less than 10 cents as a general rule of thumb. Great titles to look for are anything that says the survey takes under 10 minutes. Depending on the hit traffic, you can earn about $5 an hour doing this. It's not as worth your time, but some days transcribeme is slow with work and so I do this instead.

3. Free-my-apps- https://m.freemyapps.com/share/url/82fd1a30 Free My Apps is an app for your iPhone or Android that allows you to download free apps, try them out for 30 seconds, and get points. You then use these points to buy Amazon or Paypal cash. It is a great and easy earner. If you are sitting around on the couch, download some apps, get points, get cash. That simple. I've made quite a bit of extra money off this little beauty. Easy peasy.

4. Swagbucks- www.swagbucks.com/refer/alexandrialaw Swagbucks is another site that I've learned to make some decent money on. It's a slower earner, but it's still a goodie. Basically, you will switch your default search engine to Swagbucks on your computer and instead of typing addresses in the toolbar, you will search for everything, even things you already know the address to. I won't ever type in http://www.facebook.com in my browser, I'm always going to search for it. You then win bucks. These bucks get turned into Amazon money. I make about $10-$15 doing this every month. If they are running No Obligation Special Offers for free trials and things, I can make closer to $30 or $40 a month. Not too shabby. And my FAVORITE part of Swagbucks is that you can coupon through there. Instead of going to coupons.com and doing your couponing, go through swagbucks. Not only do you get your coupon for grocery shopping, you are also going to get swagbucks for it! You were going to coupon anyway (at least I do)!

5. Bing rewards- http://www.bing.com/explore/rewards?PUBL=REFERAFRIEND&CREA=RAW&rrid=_74fca1ad-9ffe-afac-7fe1-e57716c4bcff Bing rewards is another slower earner, but it's nothing to sneeze at. Basically, you will go on Bing once a day and do 30 quick web searches. It's quick for me anyway. I'm an incredibly fast typer. You also do mobile searches to earn more points. Everyday they have a few random point earners for clicking specific links, too. You get about 28-30 points a day. You trade in your points for Amazon money. It equates to $10 a month. Not a lot of money, but you wouldn't have had it otherwise. 


DON'T THROW AWAY THOSE RECEIPTS, MAKE MONEY OFF OF THEM!!!6. Receipt Hog- http://www.receipthog.com (Please use my referral: snuz9003) Receipt Hog is an incredibly slow earner. You can expect about $5 a month Amazon money depending on how many receipts you wrack up. You take pictures of your receipts with your phone (it has to be grocery store, convenience store, or department store purchases) they give you points based on the amount of money you spent. They also have a slot machine where you can get more points which is kind of fun. You get spins for your receipts. Plus you get to watch your animated pig get fatter as you "feed" him.

7. Receipt Pal- http://www.receiptpalapp.com This is another slow earner because they really limit the amount of receipts you can turn in. But between my and my husband's phone I earn about $5 a month through here, too. It's another app where you take pictures of your receipts and they give you points for Amazon money.


Know any other great money making opportunities online? Send me a comment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment