Basically, the tonsils are making it to where she breathes extremely shallowly and causes her a great number of disturbances. She has an average of 7.5 episodes an hour. My poor little girl is so damn exhausted and I feel terrible we didn't get her in sooner and get this all done. She's had a lot of mood problems which we now know can be contributed to her never getting a good night's sleep for who even knows how long. I'm asking for prayers and guidance as we go through this process, because Harper also has a secondary breathing issue, laryngomalacia. You can read all about it in another post here. I am hating the fact that she has to be put out again. She recently had tubes put in and now she's got to deal with this. I know there are tons of kids who have it way worse, but it just super sucks when it's your baby. Also, it appears that the ENT who we saw for the tubes should have seen the tonsil issue, but they didn't. That ENT is no longer around. GREAT! It's all good, now we are going up to Children's and I know they are going to take care of her there. It's just scary because we now know she has multiple breathing issues and I just don't love the thought of another surgery. But, I'm hopeful that with this she will feel a lot better everyday.
I don't blame her for being crabby. I've struggled with sleep issues my whole life and there isn't much worse than getting little to no sleep. To make myself feel better, I'm going to post some undeniably cute pictures of Harp in a hospital gown from her tube surgery. My girl is so brave and I'm so very proud of her every day.
I just wish I could do this for her, to take away the pain that I know she's going to have to endure. She is so little and has gone through so much in her life from the problems with her ears, chronic infections and fevers, breathing problems, severe reflux, etc. etc. etc. I have a lot of questions, too. I'm not sure if they should repair her larynx at the same time. I just have a lot of thoughts about it. We can't get in until later in December and I hate that she has to wait, but I am also thankful she won't be healing through Christmas.
Again, please send your prayers for guidance through this stuff with her. I know she's going to be just fine, but I'm still worried.