Sunday, November 16, 2014

The one about friends, family, and good food. Recipes and DIY Christmas background!

It is almost my stepdaughter's 14th birthday. This is so crazy to me. I remember her when she was just 4 years old when her dad and I got together and I can't believe it's been 10 years. 10 years! She was a little cutie with lots of baby fat and the cutest little curls you'd ever seen. She decided she wanted a family birthday party and so we all celebrated yesterday. I had such a great time. I made some awesome party dips, which i did not take a picture of. But, I still wanted to share the recipes because they are SO good.


Easy Queso Dip
-1/2 a pound of White American Cheese (the kind you get from the deli), cubed
-5 or 6 pickled jalapenos, chopped
-2 tablespoons jalapeno juice from jar
-1/2 can of diced green chiles
-1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk (depending on how thick you want it to be)

In a small dip sized slow-cooker, place all ingredients and mix. Put on high for 30-45 minutes depending on your cooker. Serve with tortilla chips.


Easy Hummus Dip
-1 15 ounce can of garbanzo beans
-1 teaspoon garlic salt
-1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
-1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
Place all ingredients in blender (I use my magic bullet, works like a charm), blend until mostly smooth. If your hummus is having a hard time blending all together, try adding 1 or 2 tablespoons of water. Serve with chips or crackers.

I wish I would have taken pictures, but since I didn't, trust me that they look and taste amazing.

In other news, I set up my Christmas backdrop and took my kiddos Christmas pictures. I think they turned out amazing!










DIY Christmas pictures background:

Items Needed:
-Large white blanket
-Push pins
-Small Christmas tree
-Nice looking child's chair

Pin your white blanket to a wall. The pins should be at least a foot above the height of your oldest and tallest child. You will pin the longest side. The short side should be draped along the wall. You want to use a blanket long enough that some of it will be on the floor. Smooth out the portion on the floor as much as possible. One side will hold the Christmas tree, the other side is where your child will sit. Very easy and makes nice clean, pictures. I chose to use a textured blanket to give my pictures a bit of texture in the background. :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment