Monday, November 10, 2014

The one about cheesy potato casserole.

It's getting cold. I don't mind cold weather because to me cold weather means yummy casseroles, soups, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. All of my favorite things happen when it's cold. I was scrounging for food on Saturday and we had potatoes. Potatoes are my all-time favorite food. They are SO good. I decided to chop up the rest of my bag and make a delicious loaded baked potato casserole. Yum. I'm going to share this yummy recipe with you. It's super simple, way rich, and makes everyone happy.

CHEESY BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE

Ingredients:
-6 large potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces, with skin on! (you can take the skin off, but it makes it less baked potato-ey)
-4 ounces of Velveeta (you could substitute another cheese, but when I'm looking for comfort food, this is still a guilty pleasure, if substituting, I'd suggest Gruyere)
-1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese
-4 slices of American cheese
-Broccoli
-Olive oil
-Seasoned Salt (Lawry's of course)
-Coarse black pepper
-1/4 cup milk

For garnish:
-Bacon bits or BacO's
-Sour Cream

  1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. 
  2. In a glass 9x13 baking dish, throw in your chopped potatoes, toss with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, seasoned salt, and coarse black pepper to taste.
  3. Put in oven and bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or until your potatoes are golden brown and soft throughout. 
  4. Towards the end of baking time for your potatoes, prepare cheese sauce. In a large microwavable bowl, put all cheeses and milk. Microwave in 2 minute increments until smooth. Set aside.
  5. Cook approximately 2 cups broccoli according to package directions. 
  6. When potatoes are finished, toss with cheese sauce and broccoli. If the sauce is runny, place in oven for 10 additional minutes. If sauce is as desired, serve. Garnish with sour cream and bacon bits.
I always forget to take pictures before we dig on in, but you get the idea. Yum! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment