CREAMY CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE
- Cream of Broccoli Soup Base or 1 can of cream of mushroom soup (Note: if you use cream of mushroom soup you will have to add your cooked broccoli to the casserole before cooking in the oven.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/2 cup frozen broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 Cup Minute Rice (brown or white)
- 6 Frozen Chicken Breast Tenderloins
- 4 ounces of Velveeta
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Put frozen chicken tenderloins on a sheet pan and cook for 20-25 minutes or until they reach 165 degrees.
- While chicken tenderloins are cooking, prepare soup base. In a frying pan, saute your onion, garlic, and broccoli florets until onions are translucent. The broccoli does not need to be cooked through. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter. When butter is fully melted, whisk in flour until it makes a paste. Cook 2 minutes or until paste is golden brown. Slowly stir in milk and broth. When milk, broth, and paste are thoroughly mixed add cooked broccoli, garlic, and onions. Cook for approximately 10 minutes or until soup base is thickened.
- Prepare 1 cup of minute rice according to package directions.
- Cube 4 ounces of Velveeta. Place in microwavable bowl with 1/4 cup milk. Cook about 2 minutes or until Velveeta is mostly melted. Stirring frequently will aid in melting.
- Remove cooked chicken from oven and shred with 2 forks.
- In a 9x13 glass baking pan mix soup base, rice, chicken, and Velveeta. Place in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
I hope you guys enjoy this as much as we do! YUM!