Monday, April 15, 2013

The one where we talk about tragedy.

In the aftermath of a tragedy, we all hug our kids a little tighter, love a little better, become more thankful, more vigilant. We stare pure evil in the face and we can either succumb to constant fear or overcome and still live our lives. The trick is to always take every moment that you have and live it like it's your last. Sometimes I get so absorbed in the everyday hustle and bustle that I don't stop and do that. I don't give thanks everyday for the good life that I have. I don't always revel in the fact that I have 2 healthy, wonderful children. And we should. We should not live in fear, we should live in fact. Fact that we all have an expiration date, fact that any parent out there with living, healthy children is lucky to have them. Live for those who have lost their lives and those who are living with real hardship. #prayforBoston

No comments:

Post a Comment