Thursday, March 21, 2013

The one where we learn about my obsession with vacation and contests.

So, when I was a kid, things were weird. Like, super weird. Like I never left the state of Missouri (besides Illinois) until I was 23. My dad ran his own business and he couldn't ever leave it or chose not to. So, as a kid, we never got to take any vacations anywhere. I always hated everyone who would come back from summer vacation and they had gone to Disney World or Florida, or ANYWHERE at all. It was always a really big upset for me to never get to go anywhere or do anything.

So, when I grew up and started making real money, the first thing I wanted to do was GET THE HECKFIRE OUT OF HERE. So, my sister and I road tripped it to Florida to see Universal Studios, Sea World, Busch Gardens, and the ocean. Needless to say, my little mind was blown and I knew that when I had kids, I would always take them somewhere and never deprive them of the world. When my stepdaughter was 9 going on 10, we road tripped to Florida with my mother in law, me, and my husband. That trip was the trip from fricking hell. But, that is a different story. The year we had Harper we didn't go anywhere because things were too crazy. Last year we went to Kansas City. And in only 34 sweet days we are all going to San Diego. This will be the furthest west my husband has ever been and my first time ever in that direction at all. Also, Harp's first time on a plane. We are going to the San Diego Zoo, Safari Park, and Sea World. I'm super stoked to see another ocean, too. Plus, it's supposedly constantly gorgeous. I am so overly excited for vacation I can hardly stand it! 

I digress, so with my weird obsession with showing my kids the world also comes this crazy, crazy obsession with taking Harper to Disney World when she is still little. But, Disney World is expensive. Like, if I sold my kidney I wouldn't have enough to pay for it expensive. Like, I may have to surrogate a child to pay for it expensive. So, a few months ago, I started entering Disney contests. Like a lot of them, like every single day like a slightly crazy person. You may laugh, but I've won runner up before. I got 50 sweet free Amazon dollars. I bought my new luggage set with it. Luggage I'm going to take with me when I win my Disney World trip bitches. I'd like to say that I have a lot of free time where I can't really do anything but use the computer quietly when I'm working during nap time. This is like 2 hours at least where I have to entertain myself, so maybe my crazy contest obsession isn't that big of a deal. But, I'm probably just rationalizing, because if I'm being honest, I enter them on the weekends, too. If you ever want to become crazy and try to win contests the best blogs for doing so are http://www.mousesavers.com and http://disneycontests.blogspot.com.

So, anyway, I'll leave you with a vacation countdown timer to look at with me and dream. And also, another reason why my job is AMAZING. We have a child that is completely non verbal and who started daycare to try and improve his speech. I've been working with him a lot on words. Today he said, "Fish" and "Bubble"! So, exciting! As Charlie Sheen aka the Warlock would say, "Winning!"


No comments:

Post a Comment