Monday, March 18, 2013

The one where I quit my job.

Welcome one and all to my blog. I am a 27 year old wife, mom to a baby girl, step mom to a teenager, and a daycare owner. I live in rural Missouri.

I used to be the big bread winner in our house, an office manager for a big DWI law firm which other than a lot of funny stories and really good money, really made me unhappy. So, one day, I decided to quit. This is how the conversation went with my husband. Keep in mind that this is a dramatization.


I quit and completely changed everything in my entire life. I decided to work with kids (my daughter was about a year old). It has been a huge struggle to make my dream happen. I work with my sister, my best friend in this world, and I get to see my daughter everyday. I get to help raise other people's kids, too. It is
never boring, that is for sure. We have 17 kiddos, 13 boys and 4 girls. That really makes it interesting.

My husband went from never paying bills before in his life to being Mr. Mom. He worries about breakfasts, getting our baby ready to go in the morning, bills, laundry, dishes, pretty much everything, while I work 70 hours a week living the American dream. The American dream has cost us everything and gained us everything, too. We went from living comfortably to constantly scraping by. We put all of our eggs into this daycare's basket and we are really learning to adjust to a whole different life style. I went from being completely miserable to complete fulfillment. It has changed my core. I will leave you all with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment